Healthy Home Services- How to Maintain Healthy Indoor Air Riverside, CA
Keeping a healthy home does not only involve scheduled carpet and upholstery cleaning services. If you are one of the millions of people who suffer from allergies, keeping an allergen free home can make living much more comfortable. Dust mites, mold spores, cockroach allergens, pet dander, particle pollution, volatile organic compounds, pesticide residue, and tobacco are all examples of what can travel through the air of your home. These are simple steps you can follow to keep the air cycle in your home pure.
- Attempt to keep windows and sliding doors closed, use the air conditioning if necessary.
- Keep you’re A/C vents and filters maintained annually.
- Vacuum your carpeting 2-4 times per week using an approved HEPA filter vacuum.
- Keep all hard surfaces such as tile & grout, hardwood floors, and furniture sanitized & dust free.
- Cover your mattresses and pillows with an allergen-proof fabric cover.
- Vacuum your upholstered furniture bi-weekly.
- If you’re a pet owner, avoid letting animals on carpet or upholstery, bath your pets twice a month to reduce dander and oil transfer.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned using a low moisture carpet cleaning process every 6-12 months.
- Have your tile and grout professionally cleaned every 12-18 months.
- Have your upholstered furniture professionally cleaned every 12 months.
- Do not allow any type of mold growth in damp areas of your home such as showers or bathtubs.
Following these steps will keep the air in your home clean so you and your family can breathe easier. For professional carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, or tile and grout cleaning contact us at 951-787-8787 serving Riverside, CA and surrounding areas.